This masala tastes good with chapattis, rice and parathas. The flavor of this dish would tempt anybody to taste it!
- Oil or Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
- Ridge Gourd - 250 gms
- Onion - 1/2
- Toor dhall - 2 tablespoon
- Moongdhall -2 tablespoon
- Green Chilli - 3 no
- Mustard seeds - 1/8 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic (flattened) - 5 cloves
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 2 teaspoon
- 1Clean and chop ridge gourd into cubes.
- 2Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Be sure that they pop well and add one after the other.
- 3Add the onion and toast it well, and then toast the garlic.
- 4Add the chopped green chillies, turmeric powder, toor dhall and moong dhall. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Once the dhall is cooked well, add the ridge gourd and allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Grind the coconut well and mix it with the masala. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Now, the delicious dish is ready.
08 June, 2016
Adding ghee brings an extraordinary taste. Thx.