We generally taste fish either in gravies or in a roasted form. When I tasted this fish scrambles for the first time, I wondered whether fish could be cooked this much tasty! I did not even recognized that it was fish. The spicy fleshy food with the crunch of onion in between, was truly delicious! Have it with rice or wrap it inside bread or rotis.
Cook fish in boiling water, with a little of turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Once done, drain the water.
Let it cool for a while and scramble it into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add finely chopped onion, garlic and green chillies one after the other. Sauté for 3 to 5 min in a medium flame.
Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Sauté for 3 min untill the raw smell of spices are gone.
Add fish, sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves and the dish is ready to be served!
- Fish (fleshy) - 150 gms
- Onion - 2 no
- Garlic - 7 cloves
- Green chilli - 2 no
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 2 pinches
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala(mix of cinnamon, clove, cardamom) powder - a pinch
- Salt - as required.
- Coriander leaves - to add flavour
- 1Cook the fish in boiling water by adding chilli powder, salt and half of turmeric powder. Once cooked, drain the water.
- 2Let it cool for a while and scramble it into small pieces.
- 3Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Then add finely chopped onion, garlic and green chillies one after the other. Sauté it for 3 to 5 min in a medium flame.
- 4Add turmeric powder, cumin seed powder, garam masala and salt. Sauté it untill the raw smell of the spices are gone.
- 5Finally add fish and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and serve.