Mutton liver is rich in iron and one who is anaemic can often take this! It is one of the good foods for pregnant women, for whom iron is a vital requirement. It can even be given to toddlers by just smashing with fingers. Try it out!
- Mutton Liver - 250 gms
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli - 3 no
- Curry leaves - to add flavor
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- 1Wash the mutton liver, after cutting into small pieces. Washing it with 1/4th spoon of turmeric powder removes the bad odour from it, if any.
- 2Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add curry leaves and red chillies.
- 3Then add the liver.
- 4Grind pepper and cumin seeds to a fine powder and add it to the liver.
- 5Add require salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- 6Sprinkle 20ml of water and close the lid. Let it cook in a medium flame for 10 min.
- 7Open the lid only after the pressure in the cooker settles down. The dish is ready to serve!