Dried fish lovers are widespread across the world and this dish is a treat for them. Dried fish pieces combines with egg boiled in a tangy, hot and spicy syrup, delivers a great aroma. Try it and enjoy it!
- Dried Fish - 100 gms
- Egg - 3 no
- Small Onion (peeled and coarsely chopped) - 10 no
- Red chilli - 2 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - to flavor
- Salt - to taste
- Tamarind juice - 3 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- 1Clean the dried fish and grind coarsely with garlic cloves.
- 2Heat oil in a pan, and add onions and curry leaves.
- 3Once the onion turns golden brown, add the ground dried fish and garlic.
- 4After it gets toasted, add tomato.
- 5Then mix turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, asafoetida, salt, tamarind juice and required amount of water.
- 6Let it boil for 10 minutes. Keep the flame low and pour 3 eggs as such with out mixing the yellow and white of egg.
- 7Let it cook for 3 minutes and the dish is ready to serve.
08 June, 2016
Had it with white rice. Fantastic!