We often prepare chappatis for dinner and few of them stays in hot pack overnight! If it happens so, the next time be sure to try this recipe with the leftover rotis. I am sure you would like it, as it delivers a great taste with no signs of being prepared the prior day!
- Chapattis or rotis or paratha or naan - 2 no
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Green chilli - 1/2 no
- Pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel seed powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - to add flavour
- Milk - 50 ml
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Egg - 1 no
- Coriander leaves - to add flavour
- Chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- 1Cut the chappatis into small pieces. This can be done rolling a chappati at a time, and cutting it with a scissor or knife. You can even grind coarsely. Make sure you do not grind it to a fine powder.
- 2Heat oil in a wok and add curry leaves, finely chopped onion, tomato and green chilli one after the other. Sauté well.
- 3Then add chilli powder, pepper powder and fennel powder. Sauté well.
- 4Beat the egg along with salt and chopped coriander leaves. Scramble it in a pan and keep it aside. It is better to scramble egg in a wok and start the sauté process in the same wok.
- 5Add the pieces of chappatis and milk into the wok.
- 6Add required salt and the scrambled egg. Mix well and enjoy the dish.