When relatives/friends come to my home with no prior information, this dish helps me to serve an aromatic dinner that too with in minutes. As it goes well with rice as well as parathas / rotis, I can serve both!
One good tip I suggest you is make ginger-garlic paste and store it in your refrigerator. It saves your time in such quick preparations. Also, if I find difficult to chop onions quickly, I just coarsely grind them in wiper mode. These are few techniques which I use, but in deed each one of us is following our own's, knowingly or unknowingly!
- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - a strip
- Clove - 3 no
- Chicken Masala - a mix up of Coriander, Turmeric, Poppy seeds, Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds powder.
- Chiily powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon (coarsely ground)
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves, coriander leaves, required salt.
- 1Heat oil in a pan and saute curry leaves, Cinnamon and cloves.
- 2Then add finely chopped onion and saute till turns golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato, salt and chilli powder one after the other.
- 3Its time to add chicken masala and the cleaned chicken pieces. Just let it cook in the masala for a minute and then add coconut milk and required water.
- 4We can even add coconut paste along with coconut milk, to get a thicker consistency.
- 5Garnish with coriander leaves.