Chettinad refers to a place called 'Karaikudi' in Tamilnadu, India. The place is very famous for hot and spicy food. If you taste it once, you would like to eat it often! Infact that's the speciality of Chettinad's food.
Not only spicy but there they make tasty sweets called 'Paniyaram' as well. The list goes on if we talk about it. Anyhow, I would post few of their dishes sometime later in my blog.
- Chicken - 300 gms
- Onion - 1/2 no
- Curry leaves - to add flavour
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- 1Heat oil in a wok and add curry leaves, finely chopped onion. Sauté well and add ginger-garlic paste.
- 2Then add salt and let the onion and ginger-garlic cook well.
- 3Add all the powders (chilli, turmeric, cumin, fennel, pepper) and saute well. Sprinkle some water, so that it does not sticks to the vessel.
- 4Let it cook for 5 min in medium flame and the add chicken into it.
- 5Mix well and allow it to cook for 5 min. Extract milk from the grated coconut and add it as well. Let it cook in coconut milk for another 5 to 10 min.
- 6Garnish with curry leaves and serve the dish with rice or rotis.